The adductor muscles is one of the most injured football players. This muscle connects the femur to the pelvis and allows hip adduction,is the inward movement of the hip, essential when the kick.
Many commentators confuse the adductor muscles, which is that approximates the leg to the body, abductor, that is the leg separating body. The latter is usually not injure the players on the same frequency.
The injury occurs, usually, indirectly, but can also injure the muscle by direct trauma. Indirectly, There are two mechanisms that can damage muscle:
1) Por contracción del músculo, when the kick. The musculature contracts with great intensity to convey the ball all the leg strength. However, to do some anomalous motion the same muscle contraction torn muscle fibers. This mechanism is influenced by muscle fatigue and technical gesture.
2) By muscle elongation, when a forced hip abduction (namely, a forced opening of the leg outwards) stretched and injured the muscle group. This mechanism is at work when the athlete slides, separating his leg body.
The recovery of these injuries will depend on the extent of the injury and the area has been torn muscle, and varies from a few days to several weeks.
If you want more information, click here.
Dr. Raul Torres, Head of the Hip, Service CEMTRO Trauma Clinic, banishes this videoblog 5 great myths about the hip:
1. "Las prosthetic Cader ground last 10 years ". It is a myth. The hip does not have an expiration date, there is an estimated average than those lasting prosthesis. Depends on the type of prosthesis and especially how the prosthesis is implanted. A prosthesis can last well established today 20, 25 years without any problems.
2. "The only hip prosthesis can be placed from the 60 years ". It is a myth. Patients can be operated 40, 45, 50 years old provided that there is no other way around it, and that these patients only have 1 or as two parts along its life.
3. "With a hip prosthesis can not return to sports". It is a myth. When one gets a hip and well operated, the patient does not notice anything, upside down, relief and improvement, and you can re-do things you could not. No contact sports are recommended (basketball, football, handball ...) as it would make little partial loosening of the prosthesis were formed bone and loosen. Generally the patient is good exercise and have an active life: Gym, bicycle, swimming pool, paddle, bowling, pilates, golf ... always adapted form. And the race is not recommended as a routine exercise.
4. "After a hip replacement you stay lame". It is a myth. It is true that if the patient have a history of lameness may persist, but most patients do not notice and if they do it for a while previously acquired by vice.
5. "You can only do two hip replacements". It is a myth. Today uncemented prosthesis used and the bone is preserved to avoid wearing the same. A patient may slough your prosthesis 3, 4 and to 5 times throughout your life.
Anterior Cruciate Ligament Rupture from Clinica CEMTRO on Vimeo.
The ACL Rotura today it has become a national health problem. We could say that is a real epidemic in the world of sports. Unlike PCL represents the joint solidez, LCA has been called "element refinement or elegance of the knee”, It is a fragile ligament, “Miss Knee”. Participates in almost all positions of stability and great enemy is the quadriceps, since this muscle contraction tibia moves forward and is a decisive element in the ligament rupture.
The main symptom from injury is the instability, failure of knee, articular loss of control that can not be compensated by any muscle. This failure is accompanied by reflex inhibition of the quadriceps.
Rebeca Ruiz Siguín
Our history with the athlete Ricardo Garcia goes back to the beginnings of Clinical CEMTRO, when the canary came into the hands of Dr. Pedro Guillen after suffering a motorcycle accident and operated on the island of La Palma without success.
We note that jokes with Dr.. Guillen and tells him that his leg was better even than the other, “their hands did something spectacular ... how I was and how the left!”
Everyone likes to see their friends, The problem is that most of the time, Clinic's meeting with colleagues has a health reason, clear, is logical since we are not running friends.
Last year we went back to see one of them, Ricardo, had just arrived from the United States, is, as he tells us, “first thing I did upon landing in Madrid was get on an ambulance bound for Clinical CEMTRO ".
The palm suffered a serious accident in United States, donde fue treated before returning to Spain. Two cracks in the neck, two in the backbone, pneumothorax produced by 7 ribs that left him and pierced his lung, starting pelvis, right leg hip left him and went to the rear, “his leg in the head ", explains. His whole body injuries suffered second and third degree by asphalt. Two games right toes, one left foot, a broken collarbone and a dislocated, about 34 points on the head and lost a full buttock. Read more…
Rebeca Ruiz Siguín
If when you 17 years decide to study journalism, assume that yours are the words, the microphone, TV, film ... but the blood, Who spoke of blood in journalistic writing or audiovisual?
The reality is that the reality is different. And there was, the past 26 September in one of the operating rooms CEMTRO Clinic, to be exact in the 1, the end of the hallway.
That yes, photo camera and notepad in hand to immortalize all the details. At that time I was more concerned about not touching the surgical field or disturb, but the truth is that he would attend the first hip chondrocyte implantation in Spain, and even more interesting, going to see it and experience it in person.
Dr. Raul Torres, Head of the Unit of Clinical CEMTRO Hip and Dr. Luis Betancourt and were under the great lamp. That that throughout the operation the patient's hip lit, a male 34 years old.
And while it may seem an insignificant figure the truth is that in this case age does matter because this intervention is indicated for young people because as I told the Dr. Torres, older patients already have cartilage, say tired, such that if these would multiply the cells even more tired.
The first incision is always striking, at least for me I studied at the Faculty of Information Science. The skin appears to lie, clean cut leaves no blood output in seconds and is open. There, nothing like it, first see a femur.